Although I'm still not too keen on how the legs look,I moved onto the head shape and expressions/features.
This first one was too simple and wouldn't show the emotions of the golem well.
The second was more intimidating but the glowing mouth was too much and made it feel like lava or had some glowing core in its head,looks a bit too close to a jack o lantern.
This one I molded a bit closer to Bronze's face,as if the golem mimicked Bronze and copied some of her features.
This idea is used with sand monsters in Naruto Shippuden and Magi.
The eyes look closer to Shadow of the colossus blank intimidating stare rather than angry eyes.
The eyes could be a tad smaller though.
I used Samson from Skullgirls as a guide for simple facial features with intimidating features.
This seems about right for the legs.Not too floaty,
Put it into the second page of the golem section of my indesign project.
Also tested the curses/corruption.The dark golem influence.
I'm thinking they differ on golems,some change shape slightly,some could have the shadow spikes sticking out of them.
They could glow to show it restraining/pressuring the golem.
The dark golem doesn't have a form,hence why Parade became a host for it.
The dark golem would be shown as shadows or silhouettes.
The corrupted golems are faded or change states. (solid to liquid,gas to liquid etc)
I'm going to move on from Golems for now,there are things that need my attention more,such as prop designs and environment.
I may come back to this and render a nice drawing concept of it at a later date if time allows.









No comments:
Post a Comment