Mostly exploring how other games did their mechanics within the environment.
Element based throw able rocks/enemies.
Maybe a mine level,showing the existence of humans there in the past,contraption likes minecart systems,rope pulleys etc showing humans were mining there.(The rock golem could have a strong disdain/anger towards them building on the golem's character and history.)
Finally done with Moodboards.
I'm not sure if my aims have been clarified.
Not sure if the platform limitations and aesthetic limitations are the same thing or not.
Tried to see how low I could go with the details. Tested some pixel art.
I don't think the hand mechanics and such would look or work well with the pixelated look but it was good to see the limits on it.
I think I'd rather work with a more detailed aesthetic instead of a retro look.
Use the advance of technology but keep the familiarity through the mechanics and improve on them.
Did some gestures of posture and movement,thinking about how the hand might offset natural balance.
Also thinking about her personality as seeing herself as incomplete,imperfect and the golem's protection and anger.
Colours of Bronze and their meanings:
Her dark brown clothing shows how ragged and poor she was when she was just a half elf child.
Her brown hair shows how natural her form was before,It's also a common human hair colour.
Her orange copper bands symbolize the place she once lived in,which had a giant copper bell in the town.
The orange glow shows how unstable she is and is a warning to others.
These colours also show her nature of earth and her desert home now.
The brown emphasizes the connection between Bronze and the rock golem,while the orange show the danger and instability of their connection as well as the raw power.





These are looking great. Don't count out pixel art just yet (that's just me though). http://www.powerhoof.com/page/3/ < Check out what's said on the Feb 9 post.
ReplyDelete