Thursday, 13 August 2015

14/08/2015 Visuals,Level of detail,Appeal

I'm spending some time looking through games to find the ideal look I like .




(Last pictures are testing out how the hand gameplay ideas would work)

Right now it feels like I'm at two poles with what I want.

I think where I want to aim with the visuals is somewhere in the mid to low detail range,Simplifying the character yet keeping her appeal,proportions of the hand change so she will need to have more form to run about than the lowest end version I've drawn.


I could go quite detailed with nice animation like Wakfu or Skull Girls,but on the other hand I could go quite simplified and bare bones as long as it kept the appeal of the characters.


I've put in brackets what I like about each.

High detail:

Wakfu: (Character Animation,Design,and Environment)

Heres the openings for the Wakfu show,The first opening is set up like a staged platformer which I like parts of.

Opening 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmzoQNc4hMI
Opening 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omk9C26IOYM


Skullgirls: (Character Animation and Design)

Skull girls has such amazing animation for each attack.
Ms fortune separates body parts and Cerebella has giant hands which could help me in deciding how the  rock hand functions.



Jak and Daxter: (Environment and Character Design)

I like the precursor arttifacts and all the lore of jak's world,especially in the first game's environments.The cultures and races of the game were interesting and mysterious.

 
 
 
 
 


Ori and the blind forest:(Backgrounds,Character Appeal)
I looked at this because visuals of the backgrounds and the appealing characters.







Low detail:

Journey: (Character and Environment)


The orange colour scheme of journey reminds me of the colours I want for bronze and the desert in my game.
The simplicity of the characters still have appeal,which is what I'm looking for.
 
 



Black Rock Shooter: (Environment and Character Design)

I really like a scratchy sketchy nature of BRS and the themes and colours,like the checkers and textures.Black and a colour for a character.
Bronze's design was based off the character Strength at first.
 
 



They Bleed Pixels:(Appealing pixel game)
The game was interesting from mostly a gameplay standpoint but the visuals were simplified yet appealing.










No comments:

Post a Comment