I've been editing the trailer to sync the new crisper audio with the images with pauses at the right times so the audience does not lose interest or cannot keep up.
I've added more concepts as I felt Bronze's personality has not been explored enough or shown in the trailer. Bronze is the main point of the story and themes, so I want some personality to come through to the audience.
I've shortened the title intro as I realized after some peer critiques that people lost interest or thought it was a bit slow or boring. I did like the mood of the intro,I think it gives an idea of the themes/atmosphere of the game.
I need to add some subtle movements to keep the audiences attention and maybe some more concepts.
Reflection notes:
The story sounds a tad cliche in the trailer but it was the only way to get clarity of the story across.
Although the process of creating assets for Bronze turned out how I wanted,it was a difficult one and took a long time to figure out. I initially planned for The animations to be more than just an idle loop. I had planned to have animations like punching and movement but due to this long process and the time constraints I had to limit it to the idle animation.
During the development process I ran into problems with some programs. Open office converted Word files incorrectly and I lost work. I got around this by making my own templates. The Kickstarter PSD file was too big and caused RAM issues for many of us. To get around this I flattened the PSD onto an image after I set up layout and add images later. My concepts for Bronze has a more gradient shading to them, but Flash did not have a way of smooth cell shading. So I used After effects and Photoshop to put elements I could not do on top of the animation afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment